90% of the grapes were whole cluster pressed into stainless steel tanks, where the juice settled for 48 hours before being racked to another tank to begin fermentation with its own indigenous yeast. The remaining 10% went through a 30-day period of skin contact (also indigenous yeast fermentation) before being pressed off into neutral barrels to mature for another 6 months. The two wines are then blended together and bottled.
Pale gold in color, the nose is fresh and exotic. Keylime cream pie instantly comes to mind with notes of lemongrass, kaffir lime and mandarin. On the palate, the citrus transforms into a creamy-ness reminiscent of lemon curd, Greek yogurt and roasted Marcona almonds. The almond flavor is amplified when tasted with the herbaceous character of asparagus, making the wine appear richer and fuller in the mouth.